H.O.P.E. Helping Other People Everyday
Mission: We provided basic services to people in need in our community in a respectful and compassionate manner. We encourage those people to help others in whatever way they can.
Vision: We strive to create a community that responds in a caring and supportive way to individual and family needs so that all members of our community can grow and thrive.
Values: We channel our services to those truly in need. We locate and target those people by establishing both a strong presence in our community and in an effective network with our service providers. We are able to respond so quickly and effectively in delivering our services because we are autonomous. The donations we receive do not dictate how we are able to function.
H.O.P.E. provides numerous services to people in need, including, but not limited, to the following:
- Free hot soup daily during the winter;(would you like to join us as a soup maker? Call or stop in to find out how.)
- Clothing provided to schools for children in need.
- Start-up packages for domestic abuse survivors, for fire survivors and for people in urgent need regardless of their circumstances or situation.
- Emergency food pantry that can be accessed during the weekday Monday-Friday, 10:00-5:00
- Childrens vouchers are available free of charge to the community. Adult vouchers are available with a referral from an agency or church.
- Food backpacks are provided to help feed the children in our schools on the weekends.
- Care packages are made for the teachers at the school.(includes nutritious snacks, juices, socks, mittens, etc.)
- We sponser The Princess Project, which ensures students can attend proms with beautiful second-hand, sometimes true vintage gowns, shoes, purses, jewelry and more, at no cost: it's a revolving collection of glam and glitz all made possible with your generous donations loaned out at prom time!