CLICK HERE to learn about the West Burke Village Revitalization project!
Revitalization Steering Committee Meeting Minutes:
Kick-off meeting minutes
4.28.20 Steering Committee meeting minutes
5.26.20 Steering Committee meeting minutes
7.21.20 Steering Committee meeting minutes
8.18.20 Steering Committee Meeting Minutes
9.8.20 Steering Committee Meeting Minutes
10.27.20 Steering Committee Meeting Minutes
11.17.20 Steering Committee Meeting Minutes
12.15.20 Steering Committee Meeting Minutes
1.12.21 Steering Committee Meeting Minutes
2.2.21 Steering Committee Meeting Minutes
2.23.21 Steering Committee Meeting Minutes
3.23.21 Steering Committee Meeting Minutes
4.27.21 Steering Committee Meeting Minutes
VIDEO of 1/12/21 meeting with guest. Caitlin Corkins of the VT Agency of Commerce and Community Development. Caitlin shared information relevant for property owners in West Burke Village and elsewhere about tax credits, grants, and other assistance available to help them with property enhancements.
One Burke Village Revitalization Task Force
One Burke Trails & Transportation Task Force
(Due to COVID-19, meetings are happening virtually)
IF YOU ARE INTERSTED IN PARTICIPATING IN A TASK FORCE OR THE STEERING COMMITTEE FOR THE REVITALIZATION PROJECT, PLEASE EMAIL BURKECHAMBER@BURKEVERMONT.COM
One Burke was formed in 2017 as a result of a series of Community Visits organized by the Vermont Council on Rural Development. The visits included residents of Burke and provided idea gathering sessions so that residents could voice their thoughts on a vision for the community. As a result of the visits, the following task forces were created:
- Pedestrian Safety & Trails
- Village Infrastructure
These points of vision were compiled from vision statements that were shared during Community Visit Meetings and supported by the majority of participants at the Resource Meeting and an online survey. The statements represent broad hopes that the majority of responding residents have for the long term good of the Burke community.
Burke residents look to a future for the community where:
- Burke cultivates a family and community culture.
- Burke’s economy is diversified and vibrant.
- Burke is known for its exceptional educational facilities that are up to date and meet the needs of Burke’s growing population.
- Burke residents have access to year-round, healthy, active, indoor and outdoor activities.
- Resources and infrastructure in Burke support families and the community.
- East and West Burke have equal access to resources and offer equal opportunity for residents.
- Our community is inclusive and welcoming.
- Burke is a town with economic opportunity.
- Burke is a place people want to come to vacation, recreate, and spend their dollars.
- Burke is able to maintain its rural charm and character as it grows.
- Burke is a community where our youth want to stay and/or return to when they grow up.
- Burke is a collaborative community where everyone works together on behalf of the town.
CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMUNITY VISIT REPORT